30 Maret 2008
About DSL Internet Connection
When you connect to the Internet, you might connect through a regular modem, through a local-area network connection in your office, through a cable modem or through a digital subscriber line (DSL) connection. DSL is a very high-speed connection that uses the same wires as a regular telephone line.
Here are some advantages of DSL:
• You can leave your Internet connection open and still use the phone line for voice calls.
• The speed is much higher than a regular modem (1.5 Mbps vs. 56 Kbps)
• DSL doesn't necessarily require new wiring; it can use the phone line you already have.
• The company that offers DSL will usually provide the modem as part of the installation.
But there are disadvantages:
• A DSL connection works better when you are closer to the provider's central office.
• The connection is faster for receiving data than it is for sending data over the Internet.
• The service is not available everywhere.
Diposting oleh Cepi Supratman di Minggu, Maret 30, 2008